As of Monday, May 18 at 12:00PM Coastal Climbing will reopen for gym members. Please continue to read for reopening details.
The health and wellbeing of our members, guests, and employees is our top priority. We have decided to open our doors to members only on Monday, May 18th. Please see below to see how this opening will affect you.
What this means for:
Non-frozen members: • You will be billed the prorated membership amount on May 18, 2020.
(e.g. Student & Youth Members $54/month will be billed $24 for the month of May) • Pre-paid memberships will automatically have their expiration date extended accordingly.
• Frozen memberships will not be charged a freeze fee for the month of May.
• The freeze fee of $10 will resume on June 1, 2020.
* Members, continue reading for detailed information on preparing for your visit to the gym.
Punch Pass and Day Users:
• The gym will be open to members only to ensure proper social distancing guidelines.
• Punch pass holders will automatically have their expiration date extended accordingly.
• Want to climb now? Put on a face mask and sign up for a membership by visiting the gym during normal hours.
Yoga and Quick Classes:
• We will not resume in-house yoga or quick classes at this time.
If you have any questions, please contact us by email at email@example.com
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this challenging time. We look forward to welcoming you back into the gym soon.
Assessing and minimizing risk is what climbers do best. Please join us in putting forth our best effort to keep our community safe and virus free by following the recommended safety guidelines put forth by leading health officials.
Social Distancing & Safety:
• Members will be able to sign up for one three-hour time slot per day
(12:00-3:00pm, 3:00-6:00pm, or 6:00-9:00pm).
• Signs have been posted around the gym to ensure proper social distancing and safety while in the gym.
Preparing your visit:
• Wear a face mask
• Bring your own water bottle (water fountains will be restricted to filling only)
• Do not visit the gym if you have a fever (100.4 or higher)
• Do not visit the gym if you have been exposed to COVID19 in the past 2 weeks
Inside the Gym:
• Respect social distancing rules, Coastal Climbing staff and members
• Wash AND Sanitize hands upon entry to gym
• Wash hands before and after climbing
• Do NOT touch your face with unwashed hands
• Keep mask over mouth and nose when you are not climbing
• Wipe down workout equipment with sanitized wipes before and after use
• Clean up after yourself (throw away trash and take home your personal belongings)
• No street shoes on climbing mats
• Kindly ask staff for additional cleaning, if required
What Coastal Climbing is doing to minimize risk?
• Reducing gym occupancy by offering time slots with online sign-ups
• Staff will take their temperatures before each shift
• Staff will be equipped with masks and gloves
• Bathrooms will be cleaned and sanitized frequently
• Hand sanitizer will be available for staff and patrons
• High traffic areas will be cleaned and sanitized between time slots
How to sign up for an available time slot**?
• Registering online is the only way you will be guaranteed access to the gym, walk-ins will be based on availability.
• Each member can only sign up for one time slot per day.
• Staff will give members a 30-minute warning before your time period is up to ensure proper cleaning between time periods.
** Premium members will continue to have access before and after hours.
OFF THE COUCH COMPETITION & FUN-DRAISER
MAY 18 - 19, 2020
If you are one of those incredible people who have reached out hoping to continue to support us during this closure, now is your chance!
You may be pleased to learn that over the past two months Coastal Climbing's staff has been staying busy making the gym better than ever. We are committed to our staff and have employed them throughout the shutdown. The entire gym has been painted and the walls have been reset with fun and enticing routes.
In addition, we have designed a fun, low-pressure competition for all to partake in during your first visit back at the gym. You will have three hours to send your top 5 climbs in the gym. Points will be calculated, and winners will be announced.
While this is not a traditional climbing competition, we think it’s a great way to jump back in and challenge yourself. Our sponsors have been kind enough to support us with some great prizes and we think it is a great opportunity for our community to support us when we need it the most!
The competition will be running from May 18 - 19, 2020.
Participate during your first visit back at the gym.
When you register for your time slot online you will have the option to donate and sign up for the competition.
Winners will be announced May 20th.
COVID-19 INFORMATION RESOURCES: